When it comes to business, a call missed is a dollar not made. Opportunities might come and go at a moment’s notice and missing out is a luxury that you simply can’t afford. So if your business phone line is too busy or out of reach, how do you ensure that your customers and clients aren’t left hanging?
The answer is simple. And it’s from the twentieth century.
Call forwarding is a feature that lets you redirect incoming calls from one phone number to another. This helps businesses stay connected with their customers, even if they are not at their desks or office.
By forwarding calls to a mobile phone or other device, businesses can provide better customer service and save time and money. It's an easy-to-use tool that helps businesses communicate better with their customers.
What is a call-forwarding feature?
In basic terms, the call-forwarding feature transfers the call to another phone or device.
It is a contemporary telecommunication function that allows you to transfer an incoming call to another phone or service. For example, you can opt not to answer a call and instead pass it to a coworker or voicemail.
It's a fundamental function in traditional PSTN phones, but it's grown into a fascinating tool for people and organizations using VoIP systems. It is also referred to as "call transfer."
How does call-forwarding help me?
Not being able to communicate with your customers or clients is one of the biggest nightmares a business can have. Especially in sales where constant customer contact and feedback are essential. But being a remote business, having operations in different time zones, and heavy call traffic during peak hours are just some of the obstacles that can cause important clients to not be able to reach you. This is where call-forwarding comes in.
There are many benefits to using call forwarding for businesses. One of the most significant advantages is that it can improve customer service by ensuring that calls are always answered promptly. This can help businesses build strong relationships with their customers and increase their loyalty.
Additionally, call forwarding can help your business save time and money by reducing the need for employees to be physically present at their desks or in the office to answer calls. This can be especially helpful for small businesses or those with remote employees who need to stay connected with customers while on the go.
Some of the benefits of using a call-forwarding can be:
- Improved Customer Service: By forwarding calls to a mobile phone or other device, business owners and employees can ensure that they are always available to answer customer calls, even when they are not physically present at their desks or office. This can help improve customer service and build strong relationships with customers.
- Increased Availability: Call forwarding allows businesses to stay connected with their customers no matter where they are, which can be especially helpful for businesses with remote employees or for those that need to stay in touch with customers while on the go.
- Cost Savings: Call forwarding can help businesses save money by reducing the need for employees to be physically present at their desks or in the office to answer calls. This can be particularly useful for small businesses that don't have the resources to hire additional staff.
- Increased Efficiency: Call forwarding can help businesses streamline their operations by allowing them to manage calls more efficiently. For example, calls can be forwarded to the most appropriate person or department based on the nature of the call, which can help reduce wait times and improve overall call management.
- Multiple Locations: If a business has multiple locations or branches, calls can be forwarded between locations to ensure that customers are always able to reach the right person or department. This can help improve overall call management and reduce wait times for customers.
- After-Hours Support: If a business provides after-hours support to customers, call forwarding can be used to ensure that calls are always answered promptly. Calls can be forwarded to a designated employee or to an answering service, which can help improve customer satisfaction and reduce the risk of lost business.
- Business Travel: If a business owner or employee is traveling, call forwarding can be used to ensure that they are still able to receive important calls while they are away. Calls can be forwarded to a mobile phone or another device, allowing the traveler to stay connected with customers and maintain business continuity.
- Business Continuity: Call forwarding can help ensure that a business remains operational even in the event of a disruption, such as a power outage or natural disaster. By forwarding calls to a backup location or mobile device, businesses can continue to serve their customers and maintain business continuity.
Overall, call forwarding is a powerful tool that can help businesses stay connected with their customers, increase efficiency, and save money. By leveraging call-forwarding technology, businesses can improve their operations and provide better service to their customers.
How do I set up call-forwarding?
You can forward calls from any number or device you like. In this part of the article, we’ll look at how you can set up call-forwarding from any device.
Call-forwarding from Landline Phones
If you’re using a landline number for your business, you can set up call-forwarding pretty easily. However, the process depends if your company or business uses an internal telephone network or the type of handset you are using.
Typically, the process is as follows:
- Pick up the earpiece and dial *72 on the dial pad. Wait till you hear the confirmation tone.
- Dial in the number you want to forward your incoming calls to.
- Hit the hash or pound button (#) and again wait for the confirmation tone.
And just like that you have set up a call-forwarding number for your landline.
Call-forwarding on iPhone
You can set up call-forwarding from your iPhone settings app. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings app and navigate to Phone.
- Select Call Forwarding.
- Toggle Call Forwarding on and enter the number you want to set as your forwarding number.
If you don’t want to use Apple’s call forwarding, you can use your carrier-specific service by dialing a code. Check with your carrier helpline or visit their website to find the code.
Call-forwarding on Android
To forward calls on your Android phone, follow these easy steps:
- Open your Phone app.
- Tap the three-dot menu icon and select Settings or Call settings.
- Choose Call forwarding.
- Select one of the four options: Always forward, Forward when busy, Forward when unanswered, or Forward when unreached.
- Enter the phone number where you want your forwarded calls to go and confirm.
That's it! With these simple steps, you can easily forward your calls on an Android phone without having to remember any dial codes.
Get more out call-forwarding with LimePhone
While traditional call forwarding only covers cellular or landlines, there aren’t that many options if you want to use VoIP services. Here’s where the LimePhone advantage comes into play.
LimePhone not only offers call forwarding for all virtual numbers but also provides toll-free numbers, automated text replies, call analytics, and much much more. Try the LimePhone free trial and see for yourself.
- What is call forwarding?
- Call forwarding is a phone feature that allows you to redirect incoming calls to a different phone number. With call forwarding, you can ensure that you never miss an important call, even if you are not able to answer your phone.
- How do I use call forwarding?
- You can set up call forwarding on the landline by dialing *72. Or on your mobile device by going to the call settings. You can check out the steps in detail above.
- How to deactivate call forwarding?
- You can deactivate call forwarding by dialing *73 on your landline or checking your call settings on your phone.
So it’s clear that call forwarding is a powerful tool for business. By forwarding calls to a mobile phone or other device, businesses can provide better customer service and save time and money.
I hope this post helped you understand everything you need to know about call forwarding. Check out our blog for more insightful articles. Take care!